Valencia Water Company (VWC) serves approximately 31,500 customers in the Santa Clarita Valley, including Valencia, Stevenson Ranch, and portions of Newhall, Saugus and Castaic. The customer base is approximately 86% residential, with the remaining 14% consisting of commercial, industrial, public authority and irrigation customers.
VWC serves a mix of approximately 50% groundwater pumped from wells and 50% imported water, which is purchased from the Castaic Lake Water Agency. Groundwater is pumped from the shallow Alluvial Aquifer as well as the underlying deeper Saugus Formation. Recycled water for irrigation in our service area started being delivered for the first time in the Santa Clarita Valley in July 2003.
- Number of service connections: approximately 31,500
- Miles of mainline: 365
- Number of quality tests run on drinking water: more than 500 per month
- Average daily water produced: 21.8 million gallons per day (annual average)
- Total water delivered to customers annually: 8 billion gallons
- Cost of water to average residential household: $1.82 per day
- Cost of water to average residential household: $655 per year
- Average residential customer usage: 102 gallons per capita per day
VWC is an investor-owned water company. 100% of the capital stock of Valencia Water Company is owned by the Castaic Lake Water Agency.
24631 Avenue Rockefeller
Valencia, CA 91355
Phone: (661) 294-0828 Fax: (661) 294-3806
2016-2015 Financial Statements
2015-2014 Financial Statements
VWC Security Measures
Get Acrobat Reader